Hello Victor,

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:30:12 -0500 your time, you said:

S>> ...   choose  the  Alternatives  tab,  add  a  new  set,  and  add
S>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]; complete with semi-colon.<..snip..>

VBG> ...  This  worked  but  I  was highly against it as the filtering
VBG> window is non resizable, therefore always "one more filter" makes
VBG> it larger and harder to manage.

Yeah,  a resizable window that 'stuck' would be excellent. It's like a
little shoe box in there isn't it? ;-)

VBG> ...Instead  I  put all bad addresses in one single line seperated
VBG> by  the  pipe  character  "presence  anywhere  yes".  This  works
VBG> beautifully and reduced my spam filters by several.

Hey,  that's  a  good  idea.  My  filter  list gets longer and longer.
Perhaps I'll see how I can pare it down now.

VBG> The  bug  I  think  I  found  was  putting anything in the filter
VBG> strings  or  alternative  box  "and"  trying to filter against an
VBG> address  book  at  the  same  time.  i.e.  the  filter  by itself
VBG> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  "presence anywhere yes" worked by itself but
VBG> also adding an address book to filter against too failed.

Ahh, I see.

VBG> I  think  its  a bug as your idea works standalone but never with
VBG> filtering against an address book in the same filter.

So it's one or the other, not both. Yeah, sounds like a bug.

VBG> Thanks Simon!

You're welcome.

- --
Slán,

 Simon @ i~n+f~o+w~i+z~a+r~d+.~c+o~.+u~k

PGP Key via Web:   http://pgp.infowizard.co.uk/
PGP Key via Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Faffing about with TB! v1.62r on W2K SP4

#957. Iraq Suds Mole Wry ¶