CP> Recently  I  began  being  plagued  with spam that has this particular
CP> feature:  The sender's name is random, but the sender's address is my
CP> own email address. I would like to filter and send these emails direct
CP> to  the  Trash  folder.

This works for me:

1.  In your new message, reply, and forward templates, create a custom
header  field  such  as  "X-Junk" and insert any text you want such as
"roses are red, violets are blue"

2. Set up an incoming filter that sends to trash any message where (1)
the  sender's  address  is  your e-mail address and (2) the kludges do
_not_ contain "X-Junk: roses are red, violets are blue".

3.  Spams like this will go right to the dumper.