At 5:54 AM on 2/6/2004, Stefan Tanurkov typed ...

S> OK, I've just made a "fix" which seems to be effective for cruise
S> buttons - it looks like the driver sends wheel events directly to the
S> control (unlike standard scroll events - they are sent to the owning
S> window and that was the problem). So, the cruise buttons should work
S> correctly starting from 2.03 Beta/59 :-)

I'm seriously concerned that RIT Labs is not a real software company.
After receiving problem reports, a real software company (Microsoft,
for example) would name a committee to look into the reports and, 3
months later, the committee's final report and recommendations would
be passed on to another committee that would confer with the project
manager. Within 3 months, this group would develop guidelines and
standard for implementing a hot-fix, which would then be handed over
to the staff programmers. Two months after that, the hot-fix would be
released and it would break 4 other important functions.

RIT Labs, on the other hand, receives a report and fixes the problem
within 24 hours.

What kind of way is this to run a company!

(Now if you will excuse me, I must have someone help me extricate my
tongue from my cheek, where it is firmly wedged.)

--
Bill Blinn Technology Editor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - 2/6/2004 at 6:56 AM
Technology Editor, Newsradio 610 WTVN, Columbus, Ohio