Hello Wayne,

WH> On Friday, February 6, 2004, at 2:29:06 PM, you wrote
WH> re: Scroll Wheel Problem:

WH> I may have figured it out! TB does not seem to like the setting of
WH> Scroll one screen at a time with non-microsoft mice. That is the
WH> setting I always use.

WH> For those of you who say that scrolling works for your Logitech, do
WH> you have it set to do a whole page at a time? If not, please try that
WH> setting and report back.

WH> A whole page at a time is supposed to have a value of -1. It appears
WH> that TB does not know what to do with this setting. If I set it to a
WH> specific number of lines, it seems to work.

Yes, I think you've solved the problem. I hope Stefan is reading
this.  I switched my trackball to 6 line scroll (the only option
other than screen, or none) and it works. The interesting thing is
that it now scrolls a whole screen *not* 6 lines. You are absolutely
correct - this is a problem with how TB reads the mouse driver output.

If I switch back to screen, TB stops scrolling again.

However, I can't leave it in 6 line mode, because then it only scrolls
6 lines in every other app, which is not what I want.

 Mike