Hello malexander,

On Friday, February 6, 2004, at 3:18:54 PM, you wrote
re: Scroll Wheel Problem - I may have figured it out!:

m> Yes, I think you've solved the problem. I hope Stefan is reading
m> this.  I switched my trackball to 6 line scroll (the only option
m> other than screen, or none) and it works. The interesting thing is
m> that it now scrolls a whole screen *not* 6 lines. You are absolutely
m> correct - this is a problem with how TB reads the mouse driver output.

m> If I switch back to screen, TB stops scrolling again.

m> However, I can't leave it in 6 line mode, because then it only scrolls
m> 6 lines in every other app, which is not what I want.

This HAS to be it. I just received this reply from a developer who
fixed a similar problem in another application for me (and other
users) about 2 years ago: (I have documented all of this in bug report
# 0002480):

"Do you have your wheel set to scroll a page at a time? If that's the
case then the _only_ idea I've had was that maybe I originally wasn't
handling the case properly when the system scroll lines setting
(obtained by calling
SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWHEELSCROLLLINES,...)) returns -1. I have
a vague memory that I didn't know about this behaviour originally and
thought that SPI_GETWHEELSCROLLLINES would always return a whole
number of lines to scroll. If it returns -1 you are meant to treat
each scroll message as moving a whole page in either direction"

--
Cheers!
Wayne Howard

Using The Bat! version: 2.02.3 CE