Hi TBUDL,

I wonder if TB can ever cause (or be related
to some other software that causes) recurrent BSODs
(Blue Screen of Deaths).  It seems to cause BSODs here.

They happen, if I'm trying to work, every 2-5 minutes.
Previously I had a very stable SuperMicro Dual CPU W2K system.
I'm going to have to re-install or go back to a previous
registry state, I guess.  Meanwhile I boot to
Linux, where's there's no TB.

However - the BSODs do NOT happen, if I DON't use The Bat!!!

The BSOD error:

 o The BSOD message is the STOP 0xD1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
   This indicates `that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access
   pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high'.

   It can mean hardware / driver problems (the logical and most usual
   cause) but also can mean that your CPUs are not being cooled well
   enough, and also .. Microsoft talks a reference in a Microsoft
   document about some `system software' occasionally
   causing this error.

But it's hard to believe it's hardware itself.  I've been running
happily on the same hardware configuration for 3 years.  Also
I've desperately replaced boards, checked disk & memory over
and over anyway - no fix.

MY internet is a bit more flakey on W2K than Linux also,
but I did change the NIC from a board to an in-built SuperMicro
NIC, using a different driver.

I'd be happy for any advice, or suggestions.

Thanks,

-jae

--
John Eadie [JE46]  (604) 904-5185  FAX: (801) 760-3555
COMPUTING ART Inc ~ Incorporated '89 ~ http://www.c-art.com

`Grace does not overcome nature but makes it perfect.'
   .. Meister Eckhart, Fragments, #22