(To the moderators:  If you feel this message is more appropriate for
another thebat list, feel free to send along.  I only belong to this
list as the present time.  I do know about tbbeta, but, as of yet,
have not subscribed.  Thanks in advance.)

Curiosity question here ... from time to time, my Firewall (Sygate
Personal Firewall) gives me an informational/warning message that
reads:

"D:\Program Files\thebat.exe has changed since the last time you used
it.  This could happen if you have updated it recently.  Click Detail
to see more information (which I do look at every time ...
unfortunately it is alot of data that can't be easily "cut and paste")
Do you want to allow it to access the network?"

Of course, I always allow the bat to access the network so I can get
my mail ;-)) ... especially from this list! I have experienced no
problems in doing so ... yet. I'm just curious if something is going
on in the background re: the bat automatically making changes, or
whatever it might be, that would cause such a message to be generated
by my firewall software.

Is there perhaps some polling/pushing/pulling activity going on in the
background between thebat.exe and its home base, ala virus checkers,
i.e., avast!, et al, that potentially could result in changes?  Checksum
calculations? that would cause such a message to be displayed.  Or
should I be looking for other "unknowns".  Virus, trojan, malware,
spyware software supposedly all up to date, but we know their
databases are sort of an "after the fact" thing.

Has anyone else experienced this type of notification re: thebat.exe

Thanks in advance.

--

Dirigo