Hello Dirigo,

Monday, February 16, 2004, 8:40:58 AM, you wrote:

... <snip> ...

D> "D:\Program Files\thebat.exe has changed since the last time you used
D> it.  This could happen if you have updated it recently.  Click Detail
D> to see more information (which I do look at every time ...
D> unfortunately it is alot of data that can't be easily "cut and paste")
D> Do you want to allow it to access the network?"

... <snip> ...

I use TinyFirewall 5.5 and it has a similar checksum feature but it
only alerted once after I upgraded to a later build of SecureBat Lite.
It might be that after your last update the application of the new
checksum to your existing firewall entry did not stick, so it is
comparing your very old checksum that it has in its config against the
checksum of the version you might have updated weeks or months ago and
sees it as "new".

You might want to consider the possibility of going into your Firewall
management program and deleting its entry for TheBat! and letting it
recreate a new up-to-date entry based on your current executable of
TheBat!

Hope this helps

 Dan Perez
 San Diego CA