Hi all,

Upgraded to 2.10 the other day and have noticed some different
behaviour while scrolling through long messages in the preview pane.

I can move the mouse over the folders pane, message list pane or
preview pane without the necessity of physically selecting any of the
panes. The focus for scrolling works perfectly. There's no need to
"select" the window by clicking it, selecting a message or a folder
prior to scrolling.

That's the same as the previous version. Here is where the behaviour
has changed.

In all other versions (at least the ones I've had), I could scroll
through a long message without having it physically selected (i.e.
clicking inside of it first). If I came across a link I wanted to open
or some text I wanted to select, I just pointed and clicked. Worked
great.

That doesn't work anymore. I can still scroll without physically
selecting the message. But if I attempt to click a link or select some
text, the message in that window moves back up to the beginning of the
message and text is selected from the point where I tried to click in
the message back up to the bottom line that's now displayed in the
preview pane. For example, if 10 lines display at a time in the
preview pane and I scroll down a few screens and then try to click on
a link that is on line 40, the message scrolls itself back up so the
first 10 lines are displayed again and the lines from 10 to 40 are
selected.

If I physically select the preview pane by clicking inside of it prior
to scrolling, I can then select text or click a link as normal.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  Am I missing some setting somewhere
that changed when I upgraded?

--
Regards,
Terry

Using The Bat! v2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1