Dear Rich,

@29-May-2004, 22:07 -0400 (30-May 03:07 UK time) rich gregory [RG]
in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

MDP>> BeginFilter
MDP>> Name: Only Richie's Mail
MDP>> Active: 1
MDP>> Source: \Inbox
MDP>> Target: \Trash
MDP>> MainSet: 10Richie[^g]
MDP>> Actions: faMarkRead,faoRegExp
MDP>> EndFilter

... <snip>

RG> Thanks, Marck. You (and the others here) are always very helpful
RG> and it is much appreciated. I, on the other hand, (almost)
RG> always seem to miss something I should have known at the
RG> beginning!!!

Ain't it always the way?

RG> After implementing the filter it seemed to be working as
RG> intended BUT I forgot there is legit email I get as richieT,
RG> so...

RG> Can we tweak the filter so it allows EITHER richieG OR richieT
RG> but no other richieX matxches?

Just open up the sorting office, go to the filter and edit where it
says:

Richie[^g]

and make it

Richie[^gt]

simple as that!

RG> I might also mention that I have other legit addresses at
RG> mydomain.com and other domains I get email on.

RG> Maybe it's best I use examples to plead for help!

RG> Good addresses might be:
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

RG> Bad addresses would be
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
RG>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

RG> Thanks again. (And yes, I was really enjoying the way it
RG> was working until that other email got canned!)

LOL! That should work fine for you. It's only checking that if the
name is "richie", it is followed by g or t, otherwise - it's for the
trash. Any other address (that doesn't mention richie) falls below
the sights and gets through.

--
Cheers -- //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
SB! v2.11 Beta/9 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1