Jwayne, [J] wrote:

J> Can the moderator send these seemingly endless "top posting" and
J> "cut mark" messages to the offending poster and not the whole list?
J> It's amazing how many of these I've been getting lately. Wading
J> through these messages is - IMHO - _much_ more annoying than the
J> relatively minor problem of a top poster.

Moderatorial interjections are best served on list. In this way,
everyone sees them. If someone who wishes to top post sees one of the
top posting moderatorial comments, he'll likely not do so.

I was hoping your comment would be more to the effect that the
moderatorial interjections are becoming very common and you wish that
members would read and follow the list rules so that the moderators
wouldn't have to be interjecting so much.

The list rules are provided with each subscription and may also be
reviewed via the list information pages, the URL for which is in the
footers for each message.

It's a challenge keeping the lists to the standard they currently are
and along the way, we inevitably get comments like yours with a few in
agreement. That's no problem. They're duly noted. However, the
moderatorial notes will continue.

--
-=[ Allie ]=- (List Moderator and fellow end-user)

PGPKeys: http://key.ac-martin.com
Running The Bat! v2.11.03 on WinXP Pro (SP1)