Hello Mary,

On 09 June 2004, 15:51 -0500 (09/06/200421:51 local time) Mary Bull [MB]
in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

MW>> Do you see the image in one of the tabbed panes; e.g. Clipbrd1.gif?

MB> No.

That's does seem rather odd. How about tabs such as Part.txt? (take any
signed message from me in TBBETA)

MW>> Also, do you see the following in Options | Preferences | Protection?

...<snip>

MB> Yes.

I'm going to look into this a bit more since changing it made no
difference to my set up.

MW>> This is from the registry key:

"ProtectAllowOpen"="*.JPG,*.JPEG,*.PNG,*.GIF,*.BMP,*.ICO,*.WMF,*.EMF,*.VCF,*.EML,*.MSG,*.ARJ,*.ZIP,*.RAR,*.TIF,*.ACE,*.LZH,*.WAV"

MB> I can't find this key in my registry. But surely it is there since I
MB> have the file names in Options/Preferences/Protection. I opened
MB> everything in the registry I could see under HKey/Current
MB> User/Software/Rit/The Bat!. Didn't find that key. Strange.

It's in my setup _but_ I did import my registry setting when I rebuild
XP a few months ago so it could be redundant. I can send you that key if
you like.

MW>> I decided to remove *.GIF from my list (and subsequently the registry)
MW>> to see if I could emulate your problem. Guess what? I can still open GIF
MW>> files without a warning.

MB> These are .jpg files, mostly. When I save them to Desktop, they come
MB> up with a Gimp icon. (I have the Gimp program, but I don't recall
MB> associating "Save to Desktop" with it. Probably did and then forgot.)

I chose .gif simply because I could see one in my message list.
Nonetheless, I don't think it's a program association problem as this is
about TB! internal protection mechanisms.

MB> So what if I emptied the fields for both Enable and Disable under
MB> Protection? Would that be safe to do? I could save a copy of them and
MB> put it back afterward.

MB> What do you think?

I shouldn't be a problem so long as you know that you are opening images
only. I'm going to give this a try too.

- --
As ever,
Martin Webster
Jabber mjw | ICQ 15893823 | PGP Key ID 0xD644460D

The Bat! 2.11.03 | BayesIt! 0.5.5 (Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1)