Hello Thomas,

<.....>

T>> At that time the other part of your AV should kick in.

TF> The AV should kick in when I ask it. That's how I have set it: It I do
TF> want to open an attachment, I ask the doctor (PC-Cillin): Does this
TF> file contain a virus?
I *will* forget to ask the doctor for sure :(
That's why I have set everything to automatic.

T>> But I don't like that solution because I want to kill the virus asap.

TF> I do that with the <del> key.
But only after you started reading your incoming mail.
As you said there is no problem opening a virus mail on a non MS
client.
I'm on other high volume lists where a large percentage uses Outlook
(express)
All people with good intentions. But sometimes a virus pops up.
The sender just forwarded an infected mail to the list.
I know it's a 'that happens once in a lifetime' example.
My point is just that IMO it the duty of every Internet user is to stop
spreading viruses the best s/he can. Even if her/his own system is immune
to it.

--
Best regards, Tony

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?