On Friday, June 25, 2004, 2:57:00 PM, Peter wrote:
scc>> I have used The Bat very happily for a few years on our PC-type computers.
scc>>  Now that we are in the market for a Mac/Apple computer, is The Bat
scc>> compatible with Mac/Apple computers?

> I guess not as it is, but I'm not sure. It's just that I never saw
> anyone using a Mac on the TB! lists... ;-)

No, it's a Windows application only. Having said that, there is
VirtualPC for Mac which allows a Mac user to run *some* Windows
applications on the Mac. Not sure if TheBat! would be one of those or
not.

scc>> If not, are there any plans to make it compatible?

> I don't know.

I doubt it. Very difficult to take an application created in Delphi
and port it to Mac. It would require a complete rewrite using a
different paradigm and IDE.

scc>> Otherwise, what do Mac/Apple users use for e-mail?

> I don't know either as I'm using The Bat! under Win98SE... :-)

Typically, they use the Mail program that Apple includes in OS X for
free. Or, they use Entourage which is what Microsoft calls its Outlook
clone for Mac. I am the only PC user in an office of Macs and it is
about 95% Mail/5% Entourage here.

--
Alex