ken green wrote:
> I aborted the process and tried Folder Maintenance again.  I tried
> just the Inbox and nothing happened.  I tried the account (all
> folders) and FM ran through, listing "IMAP folder compressed" after
> each folder.  Yet I have two folder with <n> readings....

Another update...

I may have fixed the problem.  Looks like during my IMAP folder
cleaning, some of the folders I deleted only got half-deleted.

That is, they were removed at the server level but stayed locally in
the display, and when TB tried to connect and synch these non-existent
folders.... well, it just didn't work.

I killed the connection again, then went to the folders in question
and UNSUBSCRIBED.  Shut down TB and restarted and all seems fine now.

Apparently deleting a folder does not kill the subscription to it, so
it may be necessary to unsubscribe before deleting a folder.

This is all a tad ironic because I specifically used TB's manage IMAP
folders to delete because I *didn't* want to cause problems doing
something completely insane like deleting folders at the server level.
(I figured that would cause the problem I was getting: TB trying to
synch non-existent folders).

So.. for now at least... I'm back to tip-toeing around IMAP again.

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v2.10.03 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4