Hallo M,

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 20:31:30 +0800GMT (4-7-2004, 14:31 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

MIC> What I would like to do is have the program automatically
MIC> move the parked messages into the folder after a certain length
MIC> of time. (Say, five days.)

You can't do that automatically, however you could do that by
triggering the filter manually.

MIC> In the 'advanced' tab of the filter I can tell it only to
MIC> work if the message is parked, read and over 4 days old, but I
MIC> have some difficulties:

MIC> 1) what triggers the filter?

The conditions of the filter (in the first place)
Combined with the message being received, read or answered (depending
on the filter) these are bypassed by executing the filter manually.

MIC> 2) When running the filter manually, sometimes it moves the
MIC> messages but sometimes it copies them, which is a major problem.

That's because your messages are parked, being parked means that they
won't be deleted, so moving ends in copying as the message appears in
the keep-folder but 'forgets' to disappear in the source folder.

Maybe it'll help if you set the filter to unpark the message.

MIC> (As an aside, the organisation of filters in TheBat! leaves
MIC> a LOT to be desired as well. Coming from Agent, where filter
MIC> management was simple and clear, it was something of a shock to
MIC> find that such powerful filters were so difficult to keep
MIC> organised.)

Though I've used Agent only for news, I must say that I've never
really understood Agent's filtering mechanisms. I suppose it's part of
TB's filtering strength that the filters are executed in the order you
place them. As for keeping them organised, I'm using a couple of dummy
filters to divide my sorting office in sections, they're filters with
an impossible condition, like qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq in
recipient, but as names they're using long strings as this: