Hello subscriber2list!

On Wednesday, July 07, 2004, 10:52 AM, you wrote:

s> ... I have no real problem with it [the TB! EULA] overall, but do
s> think the area of a "gift" is something that has to be handled very
s> carefully ... meaning, if another person, say a wife or close
s> friend, buys the software for another person, they need to jump
s> through a few hoops to do it right. Now, many people are just not
s> that savy per se as they are simply used to buying "boxed"
s> software, wrapping it up and giving it to the intended recipient.
s> ...

RitLabs is a small company, but they really do try to treat their
customers fairly. I imagine that in the case of a true gift, they
would work something out, if asked.

When I first got a Laptop, I wrote asking if I needed to buy a second
license. The reply was that I could use my single licensed copy on
both machines, provided I was only on-line with one of them at a time.

So I wrote back (having as income both my own pension and my husband's
and therefore feeling able to be generous toward a company I believe
in) that I was happy to support RitLabs and would buy a second
license. Just in case at some point I should lend my Laptop to a
friend who might get on-line at the same time as I was using my
Desktop.

Blessed are the generous--I advise you to join that crowd, s2,
LOL--and inherit The Bat!

s> ... Yes, my situation is different and I have openly stated the
s> situation ... so I have no qualms ... don't totally agree, but no
s> qualms. I think it is a good product, but fear it may be going the
s> Incredimail direction.

Oh, s2, the smileys are only a bit of fun from which evolved the
serious function of the Roguemoticons that even serious business
people are seeing as a possibility to enhance the team spirit of their
in-house networks and there are questions being asked on tbbeta the
last day or so about adding corporate logos into the
already-accomplished display of the Roguemoticons in the headers.

Bat people (even though some of them went over to the HTML side and
won, against my kicking-and-screaming-opposition) are basically plain
people who like a neat, readable page.

We'll all get tired of our new toys after awhile and use them
sensibly--or, perhaps, only on tbot in an occasional silly-fit.

Did you notice in my sig (on tbot) "Ex-plain-text person"? That's me!

"Don't sweat the small stuff." LOL

I'm off to tbot with this. My trout here is already being prepared
even as I write--for rambling on etc. :grin:

Mary
:Mary:
The Bat! 2.11.02 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1