Hello Jurgen,

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:39:13 +0200 GMT (20/07/2004, 22:39 +0700 GMT),
Jurgen Haug wrote:

JH> finally  I  made it to a job where I can use TB!

Good. In my office, Eudora is used, but when I said I want to use TB,
the IT manager just shrugged and said "OK, but you won't get any
support from my department!" ;-)

JH> After doing heavy advertisement for it, my boss was delighted
JH> today to find something that doesn't work.

That so?

JH> He copied and pasted from Excel into his Outlook mail and sent
JH> that to me. Strange things happen (I would have expected TB! to
JH> maybe not be able to just display it) the mail, according to TB!
JH> was some 600 bytes big, whereas looking at it with Outlook, it was
JH> 35 KB and Outlook could show the pasted thing.

The difference in size is funny. Either he sent the Excel file with it
or not. My first guess is that the message linked to a file on your
company LAN, so that OL downloaded it from there but TB wouldn't.

JH> Any way how I can get this to work, or is this Billy-Boy-homebrewed?

Was it an HTML mail with embedded Excel table? If so, TB should have
displayed it properly. Check out the source (F9). If the table was on
the company LAN, just point out how dangerous OL is!

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I've heard people are more violently opposed to fur than leather
because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM