Hello nurbles,

<snipped quite a bit>
> Any suggestions on how to have all of the filters I
> have set to 'mark read' the matching messages to be
> SILENT when new mail arrives for them?  And conversly,
> to have the others play the new mail sound?

The reason you get a sound for all or most incoming messages is because
when having sound enabled at account level any message coming into the
Inbox (or going through it before being moved by a filter) will trigger
the new mail sound.

This is what id do:

  - Disable sound at account level.
  - Create a folder called MyInbox and another one called MyInbox2.
  - Don't use any sounds at filter level.
  - Assign a sound to MyInbox folder and select "Use own sound settings"
  - Disable any sound in MyInbox2 folder.
  - Now, what filters that should trigger a sound actually do is to move
  the new message to MyInbox and those that shouldn't trigger a sound
  are moved to MyInbox2.

My actual setup is a bit more complicated (I filter to more folders) but
the basic idea is what I have explained.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v2.10.03