Hello WilWilWil!

On Wednesday, August 25, 2004, 5:05 PM, you wrote:

W> Is this SP2 really necessary for people who don't use use microsoft
W> Outlook and Internet Explorer with all his holes of security ?
W> Because this upgrade seems to be very heavy !

It is 75 MB for a personal user. I downloaded and installed it
yesterday afternoon and have had no problems with it. It doesn't
conflict with any program on my machine. But I don't run any games.

A good deal of the code seemed to be concerned with set-up. There was
an automatic back-up of files and registry and a setting of a restore
point.

Only then did new files begin to be installed.

There may be patches for things and changes that will help with future
updates. However, as near as I can tell, the new "Security System" in
SP2 does seem tp be the firewall and it does seem to constitute the
main part of the Service Pack. I disabled that, because I prefer to
use a different firewall. And I disabled a little "notify" function
which constantly wanted to tell me I had no anti-virus, because
Windows doesn't recognize the anti-virus program I use.

I do like to use Internet Explorer from time to time, so I think I'm
better off to have SP2.

In the end, I think it may come down to individual choice, what's best
to do in a particular XP user's situation.

Mary

The Bat! 2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2