Hello Bob,

On 26 Aug 2004 at 13:14:29 +1000 GMT [05:14 CEST] you wrote:

BM> I don't use XP but if you want to avoid a very large download you can
BM> order the update on CD for free from Microsoft at this address:
BM>
BM> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

I ordered my cd on Thursaday and today it arrived even though they said
it could take 28 days. The cd includes the 260mb version of sp2 and some
200mb which seem to be mostly debugging tools not needed by the normal
user. And of course a bit of documentation about sp2.

The installation went flawlessly. No problems so far. A pleasant
surprise is that avast shows up in the security centre. Took me a few
moments to disable the monitoring of the firewall and disable warnings
about automatic updates.

--
Cheers,
 Andre