Hallo St,

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 02:25:04 +0200GMT (27-8-2004, 2:25 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

>> AFAIK you're running TB permanently (and at very short poll intervalls).

SMN>   True - although 30 seconds isn't what I would consider to be _very_ short
SMN>   intervals. Or?

But nevertheless it is extremely short. When a server has multiple
users with such a polling frequency it's bound to have problems
(server side), TB is a bit (too, IMO) vulnerable for server sided
problems. But what you're describing is that it might cause problems
client side too.
I had several users that were polling my server once a minute. I've
convinced all of them to drop that to once every five minutes. And
that didn't hurt the stability of my (non dedicated) server.

Furthermore I think that a polling frequency can be calculated by the
mailflow you're receiving. Your polls should have an average of one
mail that they're collecting. That means 8640 mails a month should
justify polling every five minutes. For 86400 that would correspond to
30 seconds and if that's the case, you shouldn't let TB run unattended
or you won't have the time to read all of them. ;-)

--
Groetjes, Roelof

The Bat! 2.13 "Lucky" Beta/7
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1
1 pop3 account, server on LAN

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.