Alexander S. Kunz:
> AFAIK you're running TB permanently (and at very short poll intervalls).

  St:
> True - although 30 seconds isn't what I would consider to be _very_
> short intervals. Or?

  Roelof Otten:
> But nevertheless it is extremely short. When a server has multiple
> users with such a polling frequency it's bound to have problems
> (server side), TB is a bit (too, IMO) vulnerable for server sided
> problems. But what you're describing is that it might cause problems
> client side too.
> I had several users that were polling my server once a minute. I've
> convinced all of them to drop that to once every five minutes. And
> that didn't hurt the stability of my (non dedicated) server.

  I feel you are missing the point. My grief is not about TB not reaching
  the mail server. When I said "30 seconds isn't what I would consider to
  be _very_ short intervals" I meant poll intervals between each time TB
  is checking thebat.IPC! Remember, TB is actually checking thebat.IPC
  every 10th second (unless the countdown is reset by starting a second
  TB). Hence, if TB is checking thebat.IPC every 10th second, then "30
  seconds isn't what I would consider to be _very_ short intervals". My
  topic is about TB eventually failing to _read_ and execute thebat.IPC.

--
  St