Hello Tony,

> The problem is that I need to reinstall TB! also.
> How can I restore my old settings and messages?
> I still have *all* files but never made a backup with the option found
> in TB!
>
> Any help would be most welcome!

No big problem, I think.

I am assuming that you have your old files in "C:\Program Files\The
Bat!" and, therefor, your message base in the "Mail" subdirectory of
"the Bat!". Correct?

If this is so, then just install on the same directory. After the
installation, if I recall correctly, you will be prompted (by a wizard)
to create an Account. Name this new account with the name you used in
your previous installation. If you have (had) more than one account,
then any of the names will do. If you are not sure about account names,
they are the same than the directories under "Mail".

After you have created this first (or only account) TB should start and
you should be able to see it in the folder tree. If you had more than
one account then select Account/News to create each one by using the
same names you had. The news accounts will be created with all the
options, templates, folders and message base you previously had.

After that, make sure you revise your Options/Preferences.

I have done this a couple of times in the past and I had no problem.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v2.12.00