Hello Barry!

On Thursday, September 02, 2004, 7:18 PM, you wrote:

BJ> Is it best to do a fresh install of version 3.. then apply my
BJ> backup

RITLabs strongly advises on its website to install right over the
previous version.

I've done this for every update I've made since v. 1.61, and the new
install always went seamlessly.

Whereas, I've read of lots of problems that people had doing it other
ways.

All the same, back-ups--to a different drive or to an external site
are always a desirable safety net. I just haven't had to use mine so
far, thank goodness. :)

Mary
The Bat! 3.0 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2