Hi Mary and everyone,

On Thursday, September 2, 2004, 12:10 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
MB> On Thursday, September 02, 2004, 7:18 PM, you wrote:

BJ>> Is it best to do a fresh install of version 3.. then apply my
BJ>> backup

MB> RITLabs strongly advises on its website to install right over the
MB> previous version.
MB> I've done this for every update I've made since v. 1.61, and the new
MB> install always went seamlessly.
MB> All the same, back-ups--to a different drive or to an external site
MB> are always a desirable safety net. I just haven't had to use mine so
MB> far, thank goodness. :)

I'm probably not the only one confused about TB!v3.0 and whether or
not to upgrade, but I think I would like to take it for a test
drive... but forget (one of many senior moments) how to install a
trial version while leaving the original intact.

I've always installed upgrades over my current TB! version with no
problems at all. If I do the same with 3.0 how do I revert back if
necessary?

I would prefer to do all this without installing different versions in
different folders.

Ritlabs seems to have disappointed a lot of users, who feel quite
passionately about it. I'm sorry that Ritlabs has not so far been
responsive, and don't know what I'll do down the road. Without a major
change in the new version maybe it is time to move on from TB!. I
think it was Mica who compared Ritlabs to an annoying relative-- we
all have to make the judgement. ...Though I admit I have some family
members I would happily toss out the window. :-)

--
Pat

A Canadian in Houston
Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1