G'day TBUDL Members,

I recently installed Mozilla Mail (1.7.2) - previously just used the
Mozilla Browser as a stand alone item. Now whenever I click on a
mailto: link in the browser Mozilla Mail opens instead of The Bat!  I
have made sure the Mozilla Mail is NOT the default mail application in
it's settings and have checked The Bat!
Options/Preferences/Applications settings to ensure that it is set as
the default mail client and that all the specific file types are
associated with The Bat!.  I have also reset The Bat! as the Simple
MAPI Request handler but Mozilla still calls Mozilla Mail instead of
The Bat!.  I even tried setting Outlook Express as the default, and
then resetting to The Bat! but still no change.

I have a vague recollection that someone here shared a manual edit to
Mozilla prefs.js file (I think) to force it to call The Bat! but I
can't locate it in my saved "useful information" folder. Can anyone
help? Any other solutions or suggestions also gratefully received.

On an aside I quite like Mozilla Mail as a backup client (I hated the
stand-alone Thunderbird variety) but it is certainly not as powerful
or useable (for me) as The Bat!.  I really miss the Connection Centre
- if you blink you miss any problems with the collecting mail, and
their implementation of a mail ticker - just a brief display of how
many messages have been received - is so basic as to be a joke. I
haven't tried its IMAP capabilities yet.

--
 Bob MoŽŽis
Tuesday, 14 September 2004