Hello Avi!

On Wednesday, October 13, 2004, 1:21 PM, you wrote:

scc> Don't you also want to turn off any firewalls and AV applications
scc> before installing the upgrade? If so, how does one turn off the
scc> firewall that comes with SP2?

C:/Program Files/Accessories/System Tools/Security Center

I did turn off my Sygate Firewall (disabled the Xp/Sp2 one from the
beginning).

Left my AV running.

Closed The Bat! after back-up.

Save your application installation file for the one you are running
now and save your registration number, just in case you want to
abandon v. 3.0.1. (But I don't think you will want to.)

Look in The Bat! directory, and under each account, re-name the .sbr
files. NOT--repeat--NOT the .sbx files.

This has helped some people carry their filters across more easily.

Save the 3.0.1 zip file. That way you have it, if you start flipping
back and forth between versions.

Choose a Complete Install and do not first Uninstall your old The Bat!

The .msi (Microsoft Installer) which comes with the file will do that
for you automatically when you choose Complete Install.

That's the best advice I have to give, gleaned from having been a beta
tester over the past few weeks.

Mary
:Trill:
The Bat! 3.0.1.33 (Professional Edition) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2