Hello Eric!

On Sunday, October 17, 2004, 12:52 PM, you wrote:

E> Which has got me even more confused, I'm afraid to say, as
E> there don't appear to be any *.srb files in my directory
E> for The Bat!

Then you have no problem whatsoever. That just means that, so far, you
have not run a version containing the New Filter System or a prototype
of the New Filter System.

E> But I've certainly got a lot of filters.

You can safely install v. 3.01. because The Bat! will convert all your
filters in the Old Filter System, which you have in v. 2.12.00, to the
New Filter System.

Be sure to save your registration key for v. 2.12.00 in a file outside
the Bat's directory. If you saved the Install zip for v. 2.12.00, keep
it also in a place outside the Bat's directory. Do a good back-up of
your current Bat, also.

Then install v. 3.01.33 (the October 13 release) directly over v.
2.12.00. My advice is to choose Complete in the .msi installation
process. This installer does everything automatically.

After you re-launch The Bat! after installation, it might be a good
idea to find some time to look at each of your newly converted filters
in Account/Sorting Office-Filters. Just to be sure they still say what
you wanted them to.

Place to get the download:

http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php

It will come to you on a 30-day evaluation period.

Please ask again here for anything else you want to know. I am happy
to try to answer your questions.

Mary
:Trill:
The Bat! 3.0.2.1 (Professional Edition) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2