Hello Eric!

On Sunday, October 17, 2004, 9:29 AM, you wrote:

6MB>> Look in The Bat! directory, and under each account,
MB>> re-name the .sbr files. NOT--repeat--NOT the .sbx files.

Dyslexic typo. Should have written:

.srb files ...  NOT--REPEAT--NOT the .srx files

E> I was totally confused by previous conflicting statements
E> about just what files need renaming. Can I take the above
E> to be the definitive ruling?

Yes. Confirmed by Allie and admitted to by Thomas on the thread.
Except for my confusing typo, of course.

MB>> This has helped some people carry their filters across
MB>> more easily.

E> And just /how/ does doing it help one to carry the filters
E> across?

The Bat! converts the filters automatically during the installation
from the format of the Old Filter System to the format of the New
Filter System.

If there were already a .srb file in the directory, The Bat! might
(has sometimes) fail to overwrite it.

If there is no .srb file in the directory, The Bat! will create one
and put the filters into it.

Now--"how"--it does that is a mystery to me and may be a programming
secret. :)

Mary
:Trill:
The Bat! 3.0.2.1 (Professional Edition) on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2