Allie,

> It's not old. I've never had problems upgrading by installing on top
> of another. This is since 1999 and while installing all new releases
> and many betas.

Guess my computer is especially cranky.  Windows Xp with sp2.  I keep
up to date with whatever fixes MS has available.

>> First I had to uninstall 3.0 and reinstall to get 3.0 to remove a
>> long list of tasks in the Connection Center that couldn't complete
>> and couldn't go away.

> Interesting. The Abort button didn't work?

The abort functions would remove the tasks from the display.  As soon
as TB went to access the server again for some reason they would be
right back.  Power off reboot, same thing.

>> And now it has been necessary to pitch my message database files to
>> bring The Bat to full functionality. But here we are. Thanks.

> For IMAP, you need only delete the local cache files for each folder.
> The delete cache button is in each folders properties.

Ok, that makes it easier.  Earlier respondent suggested deleting the
database files.

--
Gleason