RO>>> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:15:11 -0700GMT (8-10-2004, 0:15 +0200, where I
RO>>> live), you wrote:
KV>> I  am  not  a moderator, but if Kevin has violated some rule, you too.
KV>> Why is it important to mention your local time over and over again?
RO> It's nice that you say that, but I'd like you to point to the
RO> following facts:
RO> 1) I wasn't moderating Kevin, but Jack
You got the point :))

RO> 2) Kevin who wasn't breaking rules, uses something like my own header
RO>    line to tell you his local time too. ;-)
Moderate him...

RO> 3)  That line is in my AB template for this list, I'm not going to
RO> change templates just because I have to moderate somebody
Why not? Anyway, you dont have to change it, you can delete it
manually, too.

RO> 4) Since this is an international list, that line has some use. It
RO> shows  to both authors in a thread the time difference between the
RO> respective  time  zones, so it gives an idea when you could expect
RO> an answer or why you didn't get it any sooner.
Ooooook...

All I wanted to say that you (I mean the moderators) jump on every
small stuff and send a mega-length mail explaining what was wrong :))

KV>> We  have  a  term  for this case: "He's talking about water but drinks
KV>> wine..."
RO> My country was a bit more biblical oriented and we say: He sses the
RO> splinter in the eye of his neighbour but not the balk in his own eye.
Yes, we have the same, too.

It sometimes happens with me, also. So dont take it as an offense, I
used to fall into the same trap... We are humans.

KV>> No  offense,  really, but you jump on every small error...
RO> Actually, I don't. Follow this thread back and you'll see that Jack's
RO> one got no reaction from any moderator. When you check his messages
RO> before this thread (including his replies), you'll see that those
RO> didn't break the list rules. Apparently he made he conscious adaption
RO> and now he's made conscious of the error in his way. (for this list)
Ok.

KV>> A moderator should work in the background, not in the spotlight, I
KV>> think.
RO> With such an opinion, you should start a discussion  off list.
RO> Besides you could have read my message completely, because that says:
RO>>> To find out why these MOD messages are posted to the list instead of
RO>>> private mail, please read the welcome message you received when you
RO>>> subscribed.
RO> So you could have read the welcome message , so that we wouldn't have
RO> this part of the discussion. But in short:
RO> When we moderate off list, nobody sees it, so nobody is remembered to
RO> the fact that it's against the rules, that's likely to cause more
RO> offenses than less. Thus causing unhappiness to those who prefer the
RO> rules etc.
Ok, ok.

RO> When you've lost your welcoming message and like to receive a copy,
RO> I'll be more than happy to send it.
:)) You are sarcastic. You know that I have but I just briefly read it
:)

Ok, thread closed.

Minden jot, Vili
--