Hello WilWilWil & everyone else,

on 22-Nov-2004 at 19:04 you (WilWilWil) wrote:

> A great feature of TB3 is that TB can automatically send an email to
> the person who just sent an infected email to you.

Please don't do that. Most, if not all worms/virus programs scan the
infected system for email addresses and use those as a sender. The "sender"
field of the mail is spoofed, it is most likely NOT the owner of the
infected system.

[the Sober.I worm that is spreading since last friday (actually, it started
infecting systems since last tuesday Nov 16th, but did not start its own
mail engine before friday Nov 19th) even knows of TheBat!'s message files
(.tbb) and will harvest mail addresses from there]

The automated warning message to the sender of an infected attachment is a
thing of the past (in *every* antivirus program), and it does serve NO
purpose other than increasing unneccessary mail traffic. That function
should be turned off by all means.

Please read here
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_SOBER.I

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)
 using TB! v3.0.2.7 on Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's. It
isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs. --
Oxford University Press, Edpress News