Hi,

Thank you your answer. I just did not have the time to reply earlier.

Thomas Fernandez [21.11.2004 13:31]:
KH> The only method I have found so far, to delete old messages, is on a
KH> per-folder-basis. I have to select "keep in message base for (days)" in
KH> each folder and then do a purge (from the maintenance menu item).

That's the way to go. You have to indeed set this on a per-folder
basis, but once you've done it, you're through. If you are looking for
a global setting, this doesn't exist AFAIK.

Ok, thanks though. This would really take a lot of time. An if I add some more folders, I have to tweak its settings again. But you are right. If I have set it once for a folder, I won't have to do it again.

Then, under Account / Properties / Mail Management / Deletion, you can
set it so that the messages are sent to an archive folder instead of
Trash.

That's good, I'll try it.

KH> It would be great to be able to search through the archives (=backups)
KH> at a later stage.

You can do that with the archive folders that you create. Others use an
external program call Mailbag, which can read TB message bases, but
I've never used it.

I just had a look at Mailbag. It can add your TB mailboxes one by one. Then I have the option to export it somewhere else. The problem is, that it cannot read the generated TB backup files (*.tbk), which would be the feature I am looking for.

But great information!

Thank you, Kariem