Mike F @ 2005-Jan-20 6:52:14 PM
"automatically archiving the Inbox" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I have a "read messages" filter that moves messages in my Inbox that
> are more than 60 days old to an archive folder. The filter is active
> but it only works when I manually re-filter my Inbox. Is there some
> way to make this filter run automatically?

Yes, but it does not use a filter. Right-click on Inbox and go to
properties. Check the box by "Keep messages in base for (days)" and
enter 60. Then, open your account properties. Go to "Deletion." Under
"Alternate Deletion," select "Move to the specified folder." Also check
"Use alternative deletion method for purging folders."

Now, every time you purge your folders, the messages will be moved.
Under Options -> Preferences, I configured The Bat! to automatically
purge folders on exit.

Folders other than the Inbox can also be configured this way. However,
they have their own Deletion tab in their properties.

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Accessing a POP3 mailbox.

Today's Oxymoron: Terribly pleased