MAU @ 2005-Feb-18 10:48:12 AM
""Pretending" to use The Bat!" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> As many of you know, blaming The Bat! for spam is not an new issue. Look
> what I got yesterday:

<SNIP>
>> ---- Start SpamAssassin results 6.50 points, 5 required; *  3.0 -- Message
>> has been marked by MDaemon's Spam Blocker *  3.5 -- Forged mail pretending to
>> be from The Bat! ---- End of SpamAssassin results
>>
>> : Message contains [1] file attachments

> Some sysadmins are just stupid. I am NOT "pretending" to use The Bat!, I
> _am_ _using_ The Bat!

Because of its macros and templateing system, The Bat! has been considered a
spam
tool by some anti-spam companies.

You can turn off the X-Mailer header.
  Options -> Preferences => General -> UNCHECK "Use X-Mailer header in
  messages"

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Using The Bat! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
Accessing a POP3 mailbox.

How do I set my laser printer on stun?