Robin Anson @ 2005-Jul-28 11:58:09 PM
"Using a Read Messages filter" <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> If I uncheck that box, the filter never executes. If I then turn on
>> timer marking, it still works.

> How bizarre. I have only two options (that I can find) related to
> marking messages as read. They are
>   "Mark message as read when it is being read for ... (number of seconds)"
> and
>   "Mark message as read only when it is open in a separate window"

Yes I have both of those unchecked.

> I have both of these unchecked, so the only way a message gets
> marked as read is when I do so using a keyboard shortcut. My read
> filters get executed each time a message changes from unread to
> read.

Perhaps I e-mailed too quickly. I tried it again and it worked on
individual messages. Ranges still do not seem to be working. It is,
however, late here now, so I will sleep and try again. I may be
missing some small thing.

--
Chris
Quoting when replying to this message is good for your karma.

Using The Bat! v3.51.10 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2.
Accessing a POP3 mailbox.

Today's Oxymoron: Clearly misunderstood