Robert C Wittig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/25/2005  at 04:02 PM
asks in response to my Q about how to insert an identical subject line in
multiple e-mails:

>Why not just send a single email to everyone, with their addresses in
>the Bcc: field, and your email address in the To: field?

The last time I tried to do that, my ISP (ATT,  which has since been
acquired by Comcast, which is still my ISP) had a limit on the number of
recipients that could receive any one e-mail.  One customer service
representatives claimed that limit to be anywhere from 25, another didn't
know what the limit was but they all agreed that once the limit was
reached, I would have to wait a half hour before I could send out the same
message again to more recipients.  They claimed the purpose was to prevent
their customers from e-mailing spam.  By sending out multiple messages to
individual recipients, when I previously notified friends, family, and
associates of an e-mail address change, I was able to get around the
"multiple recipient" rule.

 --
Avi
Avram Sacks