Alexander S. Kunz:

> on 23-Dez-2005 at 12:53 you (Luca) wrote:
> > But if I write a message using the Windows-like editor, lines wrappings get
> > lost as soon as I save the message. Then, recipients get a message with
> > lines
> > as long as the whole paragraph.
>
> I'm not sure but from my POV it is correct that there are no hard
> linebreaks in these messages.

The Windows-like editor could come in handy when users don't need the advanced
features of MicroEd, so they can't see any reason why they should suffer the
pains of alt+(hel)l. But if it's correct to use MicroEd to write and send
plain text messages /with/ line wrappings, I can't see why it's correct to
send them /without/ line wrappings, only because I use another editor. They're
just plain text messages in both cases, if there's a reason to wrap lines at
72, it stands even when I change editor.

> However, TB doesn't add the correct
> Content-Type header for this type of messages (from which the recipients
> MUA can determine that it should wrap the lines accordingly).

>         delsp=yes

This is interesting as a workaround. Adding these ones as custom fields in TB
should solve the problem, at least with certain recipients, right? But how
many mail readers can correctly handle them?

> Here's the bug report:
> https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=5016

Thanx, I was looking up in the wrong category ("editor" instead of "mail
management").

By the way ... Merry Christmas to all, here :-)

Luca - e-mail: p.stevens at libero.it