On 23/12/2005 at 2:04:01 PM [GMT -0500], Alexander S. Kunz wrote:

> I'm not sure but from my POV it is correct that there are no hard
> linebreaks in these messages. However, TB doesn't add the correct
> Content-Type header for this type of messages (from which the recipients
> MUA can determine that it should wrap the lines accordingly).

>         delsp=yes

As to that RFC, I don't see the logic in introducing it when clients
aren't ready for it. I've yet to come across a supporting client, whose
viewer works well with it. With ThunderBird and Mulberry that both
support it, all that format flowed option does is convert what's nicely
flowed text to 72 characters to streams of text that window wrap. So
yes, it unravels the text for the recipient to wrap at their own length,
but then, there's no mechanism for the user to wrap except the window
margin which isn't always useful. This is why most text editors/viewers
will offer a line wrapping mode for viewing at a specific character
limit.

--
  -= Curtis =-
The Bat!™ v3.64.01 Christmas Edition / http://specs.aimlink.name