Hi,

,- - [ Le dimanche 26 mars 2006 vers 19:23 Curtis écrivait: ] - -

> Richard's suggestion that TB! should be able to wrap received text to a
> user defined limit in the viewer, independent of the preview pane would
> be the nice thing to have. However, Pegasus Mail is the only client with
> a viewer I've encountered that will do this. I think Becky! is capable
> of this as well. But alas, most viewers will not do so.

It seems that the only thing needed is the following : be able to resize the
preview pane independently of the others panes, technicaly, just adding a fake
pane on the right side of the preview pane must do it, resizing this fake empty
pane will automaticaly resize the preview pane also, allowing to automaticaly
wrap the mails the way anyone want...  it seems logical that the width of the
preview pane is the width the user want to preview their mails, the only actual
problem is that TB does not allow to resize it independently.

Maybe an idea for ritlabs : i think this option should really not be difficult
to implement, and will offer a great solution for people who want to preview
their mails on a smaller width...

> Format=flowed is an interesting system introduced in the RFC to help
> tackle this problem. However, it will work only if all clients followed
> suite.

Format=flowed did not help with existing email clients wich use a smaller
width, like PDA, cellular,...  those softwares work perfectly well when there
is no hardwrap...  but we can hope that those softwares will be able someday to
remove the space/CR/LF then reformat the mail...

--
Best regards...
 _