Hello Paul,

Having read the whole wrapping-discussion in one flow I can't resist
adding my few thoughts about that topic. Because I think both
Alexander and Paul are right:

*Technically* I think it would be no problem to build mail clients
that wrap unwrapped text automatically at a user-given width, so
everyone would be able to read the mail just as wide as he wants.
Everyone would send unwrapped lines, a CR/LF would mean "start a new
paragraph", and everyone would be happy.

BUT: the problem is that you can't switch such an old standard (as
mail is) in one day. So there would be a long time when there would
still be users that see the unwrapped mails in "spaghetti-like lines"
because their client does not do wrapping at anything else than the
window border, or even worse in a unix console some archaic client
does not do any wrapping at all...and so on.

So I gave up the hope for unwrapped mails a few years ago and looked
for a good editor that at least makes the task of composing wrapped
lines easier. Micro-Ed is just that.

--
Martin
TB! 3.71.03 on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2