Hello Roelof,

Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 2:56:02 PM, you wrote:

> Hallo MrNaughty,

>>> That would make it a bit more complicated to place you message base on
>>> a personalised location, or you should place the .ini in the program
>>> directory.
M>> I don't think it will

> Look at your suggestions and tell me that a ordinary user would fine
> them complicated or not.

>>> Placing the file in the program directory has two disadvantages:
>>> 1) When you install TB in its default location, you can't alter it
>>> when you logon as a restricted user.
M>> I thought I could: with "Run as.."

> When you start running basic applications as admin, then you'd just as
> well logon with an admin account instead of a restricted user.

 Why, Just because everyone else does?
 In my setup, add-on accounts are limited: no admin access, no chance
 for screw-ups.

>>> 2) Two different users have to use the same location and thus the same
>>> accounts and that's not desirable.
M>> What about 1 program, 2 e-mail accounts locked with password, so
M>> user1 able to start, use account1 but locked out of account2?

> Okay, so you'd be able to lock your accounts, but all users would
> still be forced to use the same settings, customization etc.

In my place or any place (I'm guessing here)) one set's up PC and rest
of it, including TheBat. I set it up, I'm responsible for security and
all my family can check on theirs
accounts new mail or send: no one from street allowed, :)

>>> Placing the .ini in the mail directory means you're forced to use the
>>> default location for the message base.

I did: E:\Install\TheBat\

M>> First install to second HD or different partition which enables you
M>> to wipe/restore/tweak windows partition without any fear.

> Read carefully what I wrote. That has nothing to do with your reply.
> When you want to place your .ini file in the mail directory instead of
> in the program directory, this means that the mail directory has to be
> in the default location (documents and setting\..), because otherwise
> TB cannot find the message base and the .ini
> This is because the program director is no suitable location
> (according to me) and the location of the message base is now stored
> in the registry, but the contents of that registry have to be stored
> in your .ini file.
I understand, with all due respect, in my setup, nothing resides under
c:\ except registry.
M>> I'm not trying any more to fix/repair damaged/infected windows
M>> install: my base image still from fall of 2004 and yes, still
M>> service pack 2 XP.
  i meant: service pack 1...opps, my bad.

> I can't see what's so special or relevant about that.

 Check forums: full of folks trying to find a fix for this and that.

>>> Of course there's the possibility to store the the .ini at documents
>>> and settings, but to leave the rest free. But then you're foreced to
>>> use thaty location and that doesn't have real advantages above being
>>> forced to use the registry.
M>>   Please refer to above posted reply paragraph.

> I'm trying to, but it doesn't make any sense in this context.

                    _/    /
PGP ID: 0x3110D3C1                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]