Hello Roelof,
Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 10:54:52 AM, you wrote:
> Hallo MrNaughty,

> On Tue, 9 May 2006 00:07:41 -0600GMT (9-5-2006, 8:07 +0100, where I
> live), you wrote:

M>> I would like to ask: why NOT ALL SETTINGS be stored in ",INI" file and
M>> why not for user to decide during instalation which way he wants to

> That would make it a bit more complicated to place you message base on
> a personalised location, or you should place the .ini in the program
> directory.
I don't think it will
> Placing the file in the program directory has two disadvantages:
> 1) When you install TB in its default location, you can't alter it
> when you logon as a restricted user.
I thought I could: with "Run as.."
> 2) Two different users have to use the same location and thus the same
> accounts and that's not desirable.
   What about 1 program, 2 e-mail accounts locked with password, so
   user1 able to start, use account1 but locked out of account2?
> Placing the .ini in the mail directory means you're forced to use the
> default location for the message base.
   First install to second HD or different partition which enables you
   to wipe/restore/tweak windows partition without any fear. I'm not
   trying any more to fix/repair damaged/infected windows install: my
   base image still from fall of 2004 and yes, still service pack 2
   XP.
> Of course there's the possibility to store the the .ini at documents
> and settings, but to leave the rest free. But then you're foreced to
> use thaty location and that doesn't have real advantages above being
> forced to use the registry.
  Please refer to above posted reply paragraph.

                    _/    /