Hallo MikeD,

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:18:49 -0400GMT (10-10-2006, 19:18 , where I
live), you wrote:

RO>> You're not able to connect, is that with pop3, smtp or both?

M> Both. When I try to receive or send email with TB, it goes out and
M> begins the process ... after about 20 seconds I get a "could not
M> connect to the server" in the log file.

Could not connect to the server is an odd error. You tried this:
smtp.googlemail.com   TLS to port 465
pop.googlemail.com    TLS to port 995
smtp authentication enabled of course, but don't select 'secure
authentication'

Otherwise I can't think of anything.

RO>> Can you access your account via gmail's web interface?
M> Yes, I can get on through gmail's web interface see messages in the
M> inbox, read them and send messages (well, one anyway <g>).

Just to make sure that had the right username/password.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

"Being right too soon is socially unacceptable." -- Heinlein
http://www.voormijalleen.nl/
The Bat! 3.85.03
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2
1 pop3 account, server on LAN
OTFE enabled
P4 3GHz
2 GB RAM