Hello Roelof,

RO> Hallo MikeD,

RO> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:18:49 -0400GMT (10-10-2006, 19:18 , where I
RO> live), you wrote:

RO>>> You're not able to connect, is that with pop3, smtp or both?

M>> Both. When I try to receive or send email with TB, it goes out and
M>> begins the process ... after about 20 seconds I get a "could not
M>> connect to the server" in the log file.

RO> Could not connect to the server is an odd error. You tried this:
RO> smtp.googlemail.com   TLS to port 465
RO> pop.googlemail.com    TLS to port 995
RO> smtp authentication enabled of course, but don't select 'secure
RO> authentication'

RO> Otherwise I can't think of anything.

I think I tried that ... but I have tried so many variations that I am
not sure :-/

RO>>> Can you access your account via gmail's web interface?
M>> Yes, I can get on through gmail's web interface see messages in the
M>> inbox, read them and send messages (well, one anyway <g>).

RO> Just to make sure that had the right username/password.

I checked that several times ... sort of.  I suspect that the problem
revolves around how to reconcile the idea that it is not a 'pure'
gmail account.  I will just have to keep experimenting with various
combinations of things :-/

Thanks for the suggestions.

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v3.86.02 on Windows XP 5.1 Build  2600
Service Pack 2