Hello Tony & everyone else,

on 26-Dez-2006 at 14:43 you (Tony) wrote:

> Disabling the eye-candy is the 1st thing I do for sure.

I don't know about Vista, but dis/-enabling "eye candy" in XP has no
effect on the performance. When you disable menu fading and menu delay,
window zooming etc. things may feel snappier - but that has nothing to
do with the performance. Themes and font smoothing have no measurable
impact on the performance. Same goes for TB - if you're using the
default Windows theme or any of the built-in themes doesn't make a
difference either. Everything is a "theme" somehow...

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de)

But what ... is it good for? -- Engineer at the Advanced Computing
Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.