Dear Michael,

@13-Jan-2007, 09:49 -0700 (13-Jan 16:49 here) Mike Greenbaum [MSG] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

MSG> "You have to download a DLL written by Dirk Heiser

MSG> (http://www.Dirk-Heiser.de/RegExTest/RegExTest.zip)

MSG> and copy it into your TB-directory."

MSG> That link is no longer a good one. Does anyone know how to find this  file?

I have now updated the page and am hosting the latest version of the
file that I have.

MSG> Is the above Ewald article the best tutorial on how a
MSG> non-technical novice can learn to use templates?

Certainly not. It is an article on how to use regular expressions - an
advanced macro usage topic that has little to do with basic template
stuff.

MSG> If not, can you suggest another?

http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/templates.html

... <snip>

MSG> For example, is it possible to create a new message or a reply
MSG> and have it show one of three different email account addresses
MSG> in the FROM line dependent upon the person to whom it is going
MSG> without my having to remember to change the FROM line?

Yes - by using address book templates. They kick in when they see a
particular recipient in the TO field.

MSG> For example, my emails to this mailing list often get rejected
MSG> the first time because I forget to change the FROM line from my
MSG> default business address to the personal address I registered
MSG> here with. :)

So create an address book entry for the list and have the reply
template set the from address for you.

MSG> A direction to resources which might help me do this, if it's
MSG> possible, would be appreciated.

The main TB FAQ on my site tells a lot of this.

--
Cheers --  //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v3.95.6 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2