Hello Alexander,

Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 20:35:25, you wrote:

>>No it doesn't. It sends "HELO [unroutable-local-ip]" here. Whether thats
>>good style is argueable.

We are using the new getnameinfo() API call and unfortunately under Windows XP
it returns error 11004. Under Windows 2003 or Vista it works properly. New
versions of The Bat! will be calling old API calls to get the symbolic name if
getnameinfo() will fail.

>>> If your DNS settings are improperly configured

>>If a client computer needs manual DNS configuration, the network is
>>improperly configured.

I agree.

>>> it may take a while to get the name of the hostname from the numeric
>>> address

>>Errrr?!? Which hostname should be resolved by whom in your example?

E.g. mycomputer.mshome.net

>>I don't have a delay, I was just chiming in since you left out the
>>essentials answers on TBBeta when we last discussed it.

After that discussion we have put back an old way to resolve the host names; I
had no idea why getnameinfo() API call could fail under Windows XP.

>>And I see no evidence how a delay should arise by the name resolution if
>>I'm relaying to a foreign SMTP server.

This delay may happen on a client during the getnameinfo() API call or during
DnsQuery() API call or during gethostbyaddr() API call.

Maxim Masiutin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]