Hello John,

If you are dealing with a limited set of addresses, you can use the
info from your address book instead.  Then you match the address, and
use whatever you have in the Firstname field in your address book.
That way, even if the address says "Quality Manager", your reply will
say "Dear Dave,"

"Dear %ABTOFirstName,"

If you reply to someone who is not in your address book, you will get
"Dear ,"
This tells you to close the message, add the person to your address
book, and then click on reply again.  Now that I think of it, I'll bet
I could automate that too...

--
 Doug                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
******